Anonymous asked: How did feminists throw gay guys under the bus on this site?
1. The way they constantly hijack every issue about gay men about straight women instead “omg homophobia is the fear that gay men will treat you how you treat women….”
2. Equate homosexuality as femininity, and accuse masculine gay men (or even gay men that are not stereotypes) of internalised homophobia or even being misogynists: there is an alarmingly high number of feminists on here who honestly believe that gay porn is misogynist and demeaning to women.
3. Contrariwise, feminists on here often also hate gay men who are feminine, especially when they dress in drag, equating with blackface and saying “like omg gay men, femininity is a costume we can’t take off you don’t know what it’s like to be marginalised!”
4. Feminists feel entitled to not only invade safe spaces for gay men and scream MISOGYNY and GAY MALE PRIVILEGE when denied, they also think gay male culture needs to priorotise straight women instead, and women are oppressed because they can’t walk into a gaybar and be treated like Carrie from Sex and the City. Some feminists on here and Jezebel honestly think a straight woman walking into a gaybar should be like Botticelli’s the Birth of Venus rising from a clam shell, with homosexual slyphs fluttering around them to shower them in clothing and tell them how fierce they are, and cry misogyny when most gay men don’t give a shit about them and won’t let them cut in line or grant them the preferential treatment pretty girls often get in straight hangouts.
5. Feminists on here will often dismiss an issue concerning gay men with a “lol male tears, cry more tears gay boy, you don’t have any problems white cis gay scum.” Or outright homophobia, the majority of people who have called me a faggot or an abomination are feminists, recently.
6. Feminists will often whine about being generalised on yesallwomen but love to make sweeping generalisations about gay men, about how they are selfish and awful and deeply misogynist and need to check their privilege.
7. Feminists love to screech about how gay men feel entitled to women’s bodies and will fondle them and give them unsolicitied advice BUT they will never talk about the other side of the coin: the way straight women often will invade gaybars to treat them like zoos or freak shows or circuses for their disgusted amusement. Or feel entitled to fondle and sexually harass gay men by asking them invasive questions about their sex lives, demand they kiss other men for their fratboy whoops and cheers. And there is the part that some straight women want a pet gay stereotype as their fashion accessory the same way they might desire a new pair of shoes or a handbag, and will go out of their way to try and find one, and become disappointed when they find out that just because a dude likes dick, it doesn;t mean he gives a shit about showtunes and glitter. Again, feminists will always try to ignore or downplay all this, and treat it as a one way road of gay men persecuting helpless women with their “privilege”. A perfect representation of it can on an article about the subject on Jezebel: a gay man responds that it is not a one way road, and lists the way straight women often sexually harass and objectify and fetishise gay men: a feminist responds: “Well you turned it right back to the poor menzzz so thank you for proving the article’s point” (no joke.)
8. Girlfags. Just, girlfags.
9. Feminists often believe that gay men owe them something and should be grateful to women: apparently women are responsible for the gay rights movement, Stonewall and the rights gay men enjoy today.
10. Feminists on here will often become angry when gay men refuse to be their pets and allow straight women to be their spokespeople on gay issues and co-opt them, and will often respond with remarks like “omg stop biting the hand that feeds you” and become increasingly homophobic when denied. However, this is something not specific to feminism or gay men: SJWs in general become incredibly angry when a member of the minority or group they have appointed themselves the champions of refuse to be obedient little props.
11. Feminists often whine about sexualisation, objectification and the male gaze, but will cream themselves over yaoi, dudes kissing, slash and gay porn. Furthering this hypocrisy, they will often condone or trivialise or ignore when m/m addicts stalk or harass gay men or (men they simply believe are gay or just ship together.) As one yaoi feminist fangirl put it: “omg when gay men are stalked by teenage girls its cute and harmless. Lesbians are literally put at risk every day by lesbian porn”. She said this in response to a yaoi fangirl stalking a gay couple, and taking photos of them and their house to publish on the internet.
There’s plenty more, but I want a nap in the sunshine.